Heat Transfer Foils
Add foil to your design for a fashionable custom look.
Foil is a 2 step application with 2 transfers.
- First apply your custom design using the Foil Adhesive screen printed transfer with a heat press.
- Then position your foil color over the print and press again for a bold new look.
- Order both your Heat Transfer Foil and Foil Adhesive screen printed transfers
- Heat transfer foil applies on top of the Foil Adhesive screen printed transfers.
- Adds color and shine to any area containing ink.
- Use multiple foil colors for a unique look.
- Colors: Silver, Gold, Black Pearl, Rosy Red, Gun Metal, Multi Stripe (Rainbow), Indy Pink, Blue, Green, Pink, Purple, Copper
Heat Transfer Foil Colors
Tips / Application
First, place the garment on platen, heat press for 3-5 seconds or until there is no more steam to remove wrinkles and moisture. Ensure there are no obstructions such as buttons, pockets, or seams. If there are, raise only the print area with a Print Perfect Pad.
Note: The recommended time, temperature, and pressure settings are for Stahls' Hotronix® heat press machines. Settings on other heat presses may vary.
Medium/Firm 6-8 (60-80 psi)
Why is it necessary to pre-heat a garment before heat applying?
Pre-heating your garment removes the chemicals and moisture that may be in the garment due to manufacturing. Also, pre-heating assures a wrinkle free surface for heat application.
Is the Foil durable?
The foil product is a fashion print, and is not as durable as our other products. However, we recommend using a screen printed transfer under the foil in a similar color so that your custom print will remain durable. If you want fashion and durability, consider our glitter ink formula which meets both requirements but is not as shiny.
Will the foil work on my screen printing with the plastisol ink or only with your heat transfer screen printing?
It works best with adhesive that is on our transfer. Request a sample to test.