Hot Split Retro Screen Printed Transfers
Screen printed transfers with a softer feel.
This plastisol transfer is printed without adhesive, instead using inks that will melt into the fabric giving the softest, lightest feel of our product line. Request a Hot Split Retro sample.
- Ideal for thin materials, such as burnout T-shirts.
- Light, soft feel.
- Available in 70 stock colors.
- Recommended fabrics: cotton, polyester, cotton/poly blends.
- Get instant pricing with the Screen Print Price Calculator.
Get StartedStart Designing in Easy View Send Us Your Artwork
Screen printed transfers require vector artwork.
You can send us vector artwork and we can print it as is or with adjustments.
You can send us bitmap (raster) artwork that we will redraw/convert to vector.
Send us the best artwork that you have.
1. Size: Maximum is 11.25″ x 14″. Although not required, it is a good idea to send us your file at the size you want it printed.
2. Text: Convert all text to curves/outlines before sending.
3. Colors: We use spot colors for screen printing. You can use spot colors when creating art, but it is not required. Use consistent colors in your file.
4. Line Thickness: minimum of .012″ for printed areas.
5. Show-Thru Thickness: minimum of .04″ for non-printing areas
6. Special effects: Some special effects such as fades and shading can’t be produced with screen printing. Consider full color transfers if your art contains these.
We accept the following file types:
.AI, .BMP, .CDR, .CMX, .CPT, .DOC, .DOCX, .EMF, .EPS, .GIF, .JP2, .JPE, .JPEG, .JPG, .PCT, .PCX, .PDF, .PICT, .PLT, .PNG, .PPT, .PPTX, .PS, .PSD, .PUB, .RTF, .SVG, .TIF, .TIFF, .TXT, .WMF
- CorelDraw® - all versions
- Adobe Illustrator® - all versions
- Adobe Acrobat® (PDF) - all versions
- Bitmaps/Jpgs (photos) - we will redraw these types of files in a vector format
- Photoshop® Or Corel Photo Paint® - all versions
- Microsoft Word® - these files may contain usable art or we will redraw in a vector format
Tips / Application
Please check transfers carefully before heat-applying.
Set the press to 360 - 370°F
First, place the garment on platen, heat press for 3-5 seconds or until there is no more steam to remove wrinkles and moisture. Ensure there are no obstructions such as buttons, pockets, or seams. If there are, raise only the print area with a Print Perfect Pad.
Position & Press
Place the transfer face down on the garment. Close the heat press and heat for 8-10 seconds.
Open the press and peel the carrier in a smooth, even motion.
Note: The recommended time, temperature, and pressure settings are for Stahls' Hotronix® heat press machines. Settings on other heat presses may vary.
360 - 370°F
Medium/Firm 6-8 (60-80 psi)
Which ink formula should I use?
All of our products work on cotton, polyester, or a cotton/poly blend. The choice is based on the feel of the product. • Hot Split has a lighter, softer feel. It also allows you to do more with multi colors. Hot Split gold, yellow, tan and neon ink colors do not work on dark garments. All other ink colors will work on all other colors. • Goof Proof® is your choice for a heavier feel. If using white, gold or yellow ink on a dark garment, we recommend Goof Proof for the heavier feel and opacity. • Polytrans uses the same ink and adhesive as Goof Proof but is best used if you need to apply at a lower temperature.
What is the shelf life of your transfers?
The transfers have indefinite shelf life when stored in proper conditions. It is not recommended storing them in areas with high humidity or high temperature.
On what types of fabrics can screen printed transfers be applied?
Screen printed transfers can be applied to cotton, polyester, or poly/cotton blends. Our AquaTru™ screen printed transfers can also be applied to Spandex, Lycra®, and woven nylons.
I was wondering if I can get Hot Split transfers with something like a photo that isn't just flat colors?
We can make a transfer from a photo, but not Hot Split. For photo replication, we recommend our UltraColor Soft transfer.