Puff Screen Printed Transfers
Create 3-D raised effect.
When applied with a heat press, puff ink gives the design a unique raised look and feel. Request a Puff sample.
- Great for fashion apparel
- Puff inks available in black or white (can be printed along with any of the 70 stock ink colors)
- Looks best with large designs
- Recommended fabrics: cotton, polyester, cotton/poly blends
- Get instant pricing with the Screen Print Price Calculator.
Get StartedStart Designing in Easy View Send Us Your Artwork
Screen printed transfers require vector artwork.
You can send us vector artwork and we can print it as is or with adjustments.
You can send us raster artwork that we will redraw/convert to vector.
Send us the best artwork that you have.
1. Size: Maximum is 11.25″ x 14″. Although not required, it is a good idea to send us your file at the size you want it printed.
2. Text: Convert all text to curves/outlines before sending.
3. Colors: We use spot colors for screen printing. You can use spot colors when creating art, but it is not required. Use consistent colors in your file.
4. Line Thickness: minimum of .012″ for printed areas (this may need to be increased for non-puff colors printed next to a puff color. Be aware that Puff will increase the printed line thickness. A line that is .023" will puff up to become .05" in the applied transfer.
5. Show-Thru Thickness: minimum of .1″ for non-printing areas
6. Special effects: Some special effects such as fades and shading can’t be produced with screen printing. Consider digital transfers if your art contains these.
We accept the following file types:
.AI, .JPE, .JPEG, .JPG, .PDF, .PNG, .PSD, .SVG, .TIF, .TIFF, .TXT
- Adobe Illustrator® - all versions
- Adobe Acrobat® (PDF) - all versions
- Jpgs (photos) - we will redraw these types of files in a vector format
- Photoshop® - all versions
Tips / Application
Please check transfers carefully before heat-applying.
Set the press to 360 - 370°F
First, place the garment on platen, and pre-press to remove all moisture from the garment. This will most likely require multiple 6-8 second pre-presses. 100% cotton and thicker fabrics may require additional presses. Ensure there are no obstructions such as buttons, pockets, or seams. If there are, raise only the print area with a Print Perfect Pad.
Position & Press
Place the transfer on the garment. Close the heat press and heat for 5 seconds.
Open the press and peel the carrier in a smooth, even motion.
Note: The recommended time, temperature, and pressure settings are for Stahls' Hotronix® heat press machines. Settings on other heat presses may vary.
360 - 370°F
Medium/Firm 6-8 (60-80 psi)
Are Puff screen printed transfers available in multi color?
Yes, you can order both Puff colors, white and black, on the same print. These can also be combined with other screen printed transfer colors. However, only the white and black are puff.
Is it important to use the correct pressure when applying designs to apparel?
The key to proper application is the correct time, temperature and pressure for the material you are heat applying. If you have too much pressure, it may result in strikethrough. Not enough pressure may affect the material's adhesion.
On what types of fabrics can screen printed transfers be applied?
Screen printed transfers can be applied to cotton, polyester, or poly/cotton blends.